In the academic year 2002/2003, open Untar Information Engineering Program, issued a letter to the Director General of Higher Education, Department of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia Number: 155 / DIKTI / KEP / 1992 on granting registered status to the Department of Information on April 28, 1992 under the auspices of the Faculty of Engineering.
With the passage of time, Informatics Engineering Program is growing rapidly, can graduate on time undergraduate countries (4 years) and graduates can compete in the world of work both domestically and abroad. On 23 April 2000, based on Decree BAN-PT Number: 004 / BAN-PT / AK-IV / 2000, Information Engineering Program accredited with “A” rating, the Information Engineering Program Untar much in demand by the public and more steady work in the field of IT. Untar view to increasing manpower needs in the field of IT, and the presence of adequate resources, then courses in IT need to be developed in Untar.
In 2001 the rector issued Decree No. 01-305 / KR / UNTAR / X, dated 26 October 2001 on the Preamble and Implementation Untar Information Technology Faculty (FTI Untar). FTI Untar consists of three courses namely Information Engineering Program, Department of Information Systems and Computer Systems Studies Program formally separated from the auspices of the Faculty of Engineering and is under the auspices of the FTI Untar since January 1, 2002.
In 2005, the study program of Informatics in-reaccreditation and experienced a deterioration in the numbers of accreditation to B by SK BAN-PT number 07 516 / Ak-IX-S1-015 / UTATLF / VIII / 2005. In 2010 with SK BAN-PT number 029 / BAN-PT / Ak-XIII / S1 / XII / 2010, accreditation re-A and this achievement puts Informatics become one of the best courses in the category of private universities in Indonesia.
The vision and mission of the program of study established by the decline of the vision and mission of the Faculty. Interest is structured as a strategy for detailing the implementation of the mission and realize the vision of study program.
Being excellent courses in the field of computer science with integrity and professionalism in Southeast Asia.
- Produce graduates who are competent in the field of design and manufacture of intelligent applications, integrity, professional and entrepreneurial.
- Develop and utilize computer science and information technology on an ongoing basis to achieve institutional excellence and the improvement of public welfare.
- A human resource excellence and dedicated to supporting the growth of the organization.
Based on the vision and mission of the study program, study program has four objectives that were defined as follows:
- Provide knowledge and training in the fields of computer science, so that graduates Informatics Engineering study program has the competence to perform analysis and problem solving as well as its application in building intelligent applications.
- Provide knowledge and training to produce experts in the field of computer science who have high integrity, professional and entrepreneurial.
- Develop and utilize computer science and information technology to build application-oriented featured on improving people’s welfare.
- Facilitating human resources in developing knowledge and expertise in the field of computer science.
Based on the Vision and Mission Program, a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science program is targeted to produce graduates with the following profiles:
- Expert analysis and problem solving using computer science.
- Experts build applications based multiplatform.
- Experts applying or developing methods of computer science to build intelligent applications.
- Professionals of the highest integrity and entrepreneurial.